Americans looking to upskill online are focusing on hard skills they can use in the workplace. The list of the top 10 most popular free courses are dominated by Customer Service, IT, and workplace skills like time management.
Top 10 most popular courses in the United States
1. Customer Service Training
2. HIV/AIDS – Awareness & Prevention
3. Working with Students with Special Education Needs
4. Basic IT – Computer Training Suite
5. Fundamentals of Human Resources
6. Touch Typing Training
7. Fundamentals of Network Security
8. Introduction to Teaching English as a Second Language
9. Introduction to Time Management
10. Fundamentals of Accounting
The study is based upon 750 free online courses to almost 10 million learners worldwide, including more than one million users based in the US.