In the spirit of the holidays, we asked Elearning! and Government Elearning! staff members what kind of learning-related gifts they would like. If you’ve got a business leader, learning leader, creative designer, socialite or writer in your life, you might get some good ideas from their answers...
>> For the learning leader in your life (from editor-at-large Joe DiDonato):
1) A new webcam - “With built-in Photoshop tools that automatically take 10 pounds off my live image.”
2) A smartphone auto-correct upgrade - “One that doesn’t change my texts to embarrassing notes laced with off-color words.”
3) Endless photo/video downloads from iStockPhoto for life.
>> For the creative designer in your life (from graphic designer Kim Lewis):
1) - An Adobe Creative Cloud membership - “I just bought this one for myself!”
2) - A telephoto lens with Image Stability for Canon SLR (for the photographer in your life, too).
3) - New Macbook Pro with Retina display, 2.6 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz), a 6MB L3 cache, and 8 GB of memory!
>> For the socialite in your life (from engagement manager Sarah Chapman):
1) A dedicated T1 line - “My neighbors are always hogging my bandwidth! I’m so sick of slow upload and download speeds.”
2) An Apple TV - “I can mirror any of my Apple devices over wifi for presentations and synch current documents, videos, etc.”
3) More iCloud storage - “I’m currently at maximum capacity.”
4) An iPhone 5 - “My 4S is old news. The iPhone 5 has a faster A6 processor chip with 1GB of RAM, 4LTE compatible, larger display screen, not to mention a better camera.”
5) Professional augmented reality browsers for smartphones - “Programming for junaio, Layar and Wikitude book. As we well know, augmented reality is the future of on-the-go and hands-on learning (as seen with BMW and medical training videos). Learn how to program geotags and 3-D data for learning into your m-learning courses and you’ll be ahead of the game!”
>> For the writer in your life (from editorial director Jerry Roche):
1) A 15-inch Macbook Pro - “With my 13-incher, I waste too much time scrolling. I’ll bet a 15-incher with the Retina display would blow my face off (in a good way).”
2) Voice-to-text software - “For transcribing interviews and seminars. I can burn my fingers up typing, but sometimes that’s just not fast enough.”
3) An Amazon.com gift card - “I devour books. Hard covers, paperbacks, e-books — it makes no difference. A good journalist is a well-read journalist.”
>> For the business leader in your life (from group publisher Catherine Upton):
1) An iPad that reads Flash - “Yes, I said it. Tablets are supposed to be the next store in your hands. Yet, many sites have products/catalogs on Flash!”
2) A surface tablet - “I am a Microsoft house, and like to access my stuff on the go. Despite predictions that the most tablet share Microsoft will get is 20 percent, I think there are many like me.”
3) A connect cloud network- “We operate across many clouds, but they aren’t interconnected. Yikes!”
Add your wish list to ours by posting at 2elearning.com/blog