Collection of Personal Information
EMG (“EMG “) has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to fully disclosing the information collection and use practices applicable to this Web site. This privacy statement discloses what information we collect via this Web site and how we use it.
Information Collection and Dissemination
- In general, you may visit this Web site without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
- As you browse our Web site, the site collects log file, IP address of your computer, and other standard tracking data we use to evaluate site traffic and usage patterns. Such information is aggregated with tracking data from all site visitors. We will use the information to personalize the site according to your preferences based on the aggregated information. We also use the aggregated information to evaluate products and services we may offer to you.
- Some portions of this Web site may require you to give us personally identifiable information such as your name, job title, company, physical mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers (Personal Information) and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information (Financial Information), for, without limitation,
(i) registration for attendance at certain EMG shows, conferences and events; and
(ii) subscriptions to our publications. If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communications may be collected as Personal Information.
- If you elect to provide us Personal Information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. In some cases, this information is provide to the content provider for one time contact.
- If you submit Financial Information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, registrations etc.
We share your Personal Information with EMG’s affiliates and partners and third parties licensed to access your Personal Information by any of the foregoing.
At times, we will rent e-mail lists compiled from e-mail addresses gathered from this Web site. In addition, if you click through sponsor’s links, some personal information will be transmitted in the form of a lead to the sponsor. Sponsor is permitted one contact via email, and unlimited contact via phone or direct mail. To be removed from these programs, select UNSUBSCRIBE on the solicitation.
(a) comply with a court order or other legal process;
(b) protect our rights or property; or
(c) enforce our terms of service.
We sometimes provide aggregated usage or tracking information collected from this Web site to third parties.
Information on Children
As a business-to-business company, we do not knowingly collect information from children. Online registration and web site usage is restricted to adults who are professionally engaged in the businesses we serve.
Updating Visitor Information
You have the option of correcting, updating and modifying your Personal and/or Financial Information, or visitor profile, at any time and as often as desired. The only item of information you cannot change is your username ID selected at registration for a show, event or conference.
Third Party and Affiliated Links
Our Web sites contain external links to other Web sites including suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the content of, or information gathered by, these other Web sites. We do not endorse any of these Web sites or the products or services associated with such Web sites merely because they are linked to our Web site.
A “cookie” is a bit of data sent by a Web site through the browser to the computer of the user visiting the site, and enables the site to return the results the browser expects. EMG uses temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to its Web site are smooth and customized for the visitor. Such cookies allow us to provide a visitor’s browser with information tailored to the visitor’s preferences and needs. EMG also uses permanent or persistent cookies that remain on a visitor’s computer after the visitor leaves a EMG Web site.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in the browser’s settings. However, disabling the cookie support function of the browser will prevent our Web site from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilize fully all of the site’s features and information. We use advertising companies to develop banner ads for our Web site. These ads may contain cookies. These companies collect cookies sent to your browser through the banner ads and we do not have control or access to this data.
Visitors to this Web site can decide if they want to receive targeted promotional information from EMG. Should visitors accept promotional email from EMG, any email they receive will include instructions on how to be removed from EMG email list.
Security and Encryption
This Web site takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. We use SSL encryption technology on our Web site and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, data you submit to our Web site such as credit card and payment information is transmitted securely over the Internet.
Notification of Changes
Your Acceptance of these Terms