There are a couple of great videos and articles on leadership out there that we wanted to share with our readers. They cover a wide range of topics from capitalizing on change to getting back to basics when it comes to creating an environment where teams thrive.
To start at the beginning, this video from the Microsoft Research and it features one of our favorite speakers: Simon Sinek. Each year Microsoft Research hosts hundreds of influential speakers from around the world. Their speakers include leading scientists, renowned experts in technology, book authors, and leading academics. These presentations are all recorded and made available in a similar fashion that TED does.
Here is one of our favorites that talk about the role of leaders, and why some teams pull together and do extraordinary things, and why some teams falter, or even self-destruct:
Here is great playlist from TED on how to be a great leader: How to be a great leader. The twelve (12) topics are:
- How great leaders inspire action – Simon Sinek
- Learning from leadership’s missing manual – Fields Wicker-Miurin
- Lead like the great conductors – Itay Talgam
- Everyday leadership – Drew Dudley
- What it takes to be a great leader – Roselinde Torres
- Trial, error and the God complex – Tim Harford
- Tribal leadership – David Logan
- Listen, learn … the lead – Stanley McChrystal
- Inspiring a life of immersion – Jacqueline Novogratz
- How to start a movement – Derek Sivers
- Why we have too few women leaders – Sheryl Sandberg
- The difference between winning and succeeding – John Wooden
Here is another great session by Tony Robbins, who talks about the right mindset of a leader, and then goes on to provide three valuable leadership lessons:
We hope these videos inspire you to think like a leader, as well as provide you with a framework to be one of the very best leaders. And then just maybe, you will have planted the seeds for others to follow in your footsteps.