EIGHTH ANNUAL COMPETITION HAS ITS SHARE OF NEW WINNERS AND REPEAT WINNERS FROM YEARS PAST New entrant Zenler came out of nowhere this year to dominate the eighth annual “Best of
EIGHTH ANNUAL COMPETITION HAS ITS SHARE OF NEW WINNERS AND REPEAT WINNERS FROM YEARS PAST New entrant Zenler came out of nowhere this year to dominate the eighth annual “Best of Elearning!” competition. First-time winner Zenler, which is domestically based in New York City, won four awards with three products: Zenler Online, Zenler Studio Lite and Zenler Studio Pro. “We’ve kind of had our nose to the grindstone, doing things the old-fashioned way,” says Tom Burton, vice president of Business Development. “In 2010, we were looking for an LMS that would meet the criteria of ‘simple, fast, easy and economical.’ Our strategy is to be at a lower cost level for people just entering the field or those without a lot of experience. People can become productive almost immediately with our product.” Each year, the awards program is co-sponsored by Elearning! and Government Elearning! magazines. This year, 3,881 nominations were received via the magazines’ websites, an increase of 221 percent over 2011. In the eightyear history of the award, 222 different companies and 399 products have been honored. Ballots this year were counted across 21 product categories. Honored are 40 companies and 72 products —26 percent of which are new the category or awards program. “Given the number of nominations, to earn an Award of Excellence is quite an honor,” says Catherine Upton, Elearning! Media Group’s publisher. “And to be named a category winner is a true testament to the vendor’s product and service excellence.” What makes the “Best of Elearning!” awards so coveted among both vendors and learning/training/development professionals is that the ballot is open-ended, so voters must carefully consider which of their vendors they want to honor. (Votes originating from vendor ISPs are not included in the final online tally.) “With so many categories, it takes quite a bit of time for a person to fill out a ballot,” notes Elearning! and Government Elearning! editorial director Jerry Roche. “We are incredibly thankful that we have so many loyal readers participating in the voting process.” Multiple winners besides Zenler were Articulate (four), Skillsoft (two), BizTraining (two) and Adobe (two). Articulate won this year with three products: Storyline, Presenter and its mobile player app. Last year, Skillsoft, Articulate and Adobe also won at least twice. Individual repeat winners from 2011 are Meridian KSI in the Best LMS Enterprise category, Skillsoft for I.T. content, eCornell for leadership development, BizLibrary for soft skills content, Articulate for e-learning development, Interactyx for social learning tool, and Adobe for Web seminar solution. Eight years ago, the awards program was first implemented to formalize the recommendation/purchase process for the two magazines’ 90,000 subscribers and 250,000 readers. Staffers found that 85 percent of readers had recommended an e-learning solution to a peer over the most recent 12-month period and 61 percent claimed that award recognition “impacts their decision” to consider a product or service.
Top award-winners were honored at the Enterprise Learning! Conference & Expo in October at the Hyatt Regency in Irvine, Calif. Finalists in each category were honored with awards of excellence. “Best of Elearning!” nominations for 2013 will open March 1 and close June 1. Zenler Online is a Learning Management System (LMS) in the cloud. With few clicks, you can publish your Zenler Courses online, manage, delivery and track trainee’s progress. Affordable monthly subscription plans are available, with no setup fee. All online subscription plans get their own sub domain and are SSL-enabled for secure encrypted access. With Zenler Online, you manage courses created with Zenler Studio. Assign courses to trainees, track trainees and course details (granular details including score, time taken), and issue course certificates. See a snapshot of your account. Effectively manage trainees using the available interface. Add trainees to different groups and send e-mails to them directly from Zenler Online. You can also create different group of users and track them effectively at a very granular level to see which page of the e-learning course they are at, their scores, timings and more. A simple upload feature allows you to import more trainees. And users can choose to resume the course from where they left off or start viewing from the very beginning. Zenler Online is hosted securely on the Amazon Web Services Cloud computing platform, a cost-effective solution for storing information. Amazon Web Services including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) are used to leverage the power of the Amazon cloud computing platform. Zenler Online also uses the power of Scalr.net’s technology, which monitors resource consumption on all Zenler server nodes and launches, configures and balances load to servers automatically — all based on variable demand. Scalr automatically scales the database by setting up replicated slaves (read servers) when the load increases. The Amazon service enables Zenler to deliver content through a worldwide network of edge locations and automatically routes end-user requests to closest edge location, so content is delivered with the best possible performance. What Zenler Says: “We appreciate this honor, and we are very surprised,” says Zenler’s Tom Burton. “We’ve kind of had our nose to the grindstone, doing things the old-fashioned way. In 2010, we were looking for an LMS that would meet the criteria of ‘simple, fast, easy and economical.’ Our strategy is to be at a lower cost level for people just entering the field or those without a lot of experience. People can become productive almost immediately with our product.” Key Customers: >> Nova South Eastern University >> Dream Health >> Gradient Groups What Customers Say: >> “Easily blends into PowerPoint Presentations to create intuitive and professional educational programs” >> “Provides e-learning authors an incredible tool in their own hands to easily create, publish, and update online training and learning interactions” >> “Only product with a zero learning curve” Company History: Zenler is an innovative e-learning company from the house of DigitalOfficePro, which was founded in 2005. With 70,000 customers around the world, DigitalOfficePro (a Microsoft and Intel partner) has been a leading global provider of powerful rapid communications, online-training solutions and high quality multimedia tools for more than a decade. Zenler focuses on providing innovative tools for creating and managing high-end interactive e-learning content with great ease. Contact Information: Zenler/DigitalOfficePro, Inc.
117 E. 57 St.
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (800) 306-3208 or (646) 448-8686
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Awards of Excellence: >> Articulate Online >> BizLibrary CompanyCollege LMS >> Docebo Cloud >> ePath Learning ASAP >> Epignosis LTD eFront Enterprise LMS Category Winner (tie): Meridian Knowledge Solutions Global LMS
The Meridian Global LMS gives users access to courseware, documents, data, instructors and other learners at any time from their desktops or mobile devices. The interface is intuitive, attractive, and flexible and can be configured or molded to meet a company’s unique needs. Meridian offers SaaS, private cloud or on-premise deployment options. Any material designed to aid job performance is easily and readily available and completely integrated into a single Website. The interface is intuitive, attractive, flexible and very easy to use. Couple all of this with an Advanced Workforce Analytics engine, which provides real-time flexible reporting, custom ad hoc graphical presentations, a CLO learning portal and much more. Other features: >> Content localization versioning and reporting >> Peer-to-peer collaboration with formal and informal collaboration spaces >> Expert locator and related knowledge sharing tools >> Social networking based on content ratings >> Integrated LCMS authoring and content management >> Individual development plans based on job title >> 360-degree skills assessment survey What Meridian Says: “It might sound trite to say our focus, first and foremost, is on our customer’s success and satisfaction. But winning this award proves we’re delivering on those words,” says Vinay Nilakantan, director of product development and research. “We thank those who voted Meridian the world’s Best Enterprise LMS for a second year in a row.” Adds VP of sales and marketing John Leh: “Health-care organizations, professional associations, government and others trust the world-class, comprehensive and easy-to-use capabilities of Meridian’s LMS to optimize learning for the extended enterprise.” Key Customers: >> Money Management International >> Bell Helicopter >> Virginia Department of HR Management What Customers Say: >> “Extends the reach of our traditional classes by giving our clients access to financial education that they can take on their time” >> “Has a very low turnover rate, which allows for a much more intimate vendor client relationship” >> “We’re no longer relying on static images to instruct our workers on how best to advise customers” Company History: Meridian Knowledge Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP), whose founder and CEO is Jonna A. Ward. VIP has been ranked as one of the 100 fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. magazine. Meridian was founded in 1998 and has reportedly become the No.1-ranked human capital management company for customer loyalty with a documented customer retention rate of 98 percent. Contact Information: Meridian Knowledge Solutions
4465 Brookfield Corporate Dr. #201
Chantilly, VA 20151
(585) 214-2450 or (703) 322-9565
www.meridianksi.com Awards of Excellence: >> NetDimensions Learning >> Saba Software LearningSuite Category Winner (tie): SumTotal Systems TotalLMS SumTotal provides an innovative and complete learning management platform designed for both global enterprises and mid-sized organizations. The platform’s unique product modules:
>> Learning Management: Manages all aspects of global education and training by automating and optimizing the administration, management, delivery, and end user experience of blended learning programs. >> Learning Content Management: Provides an innovative environment for developing, assembling, managing, and delivering personalized learning content. >> Offline Learning: Expands the learning experience to remote or mobile users that are not connected to a network via multiple devices such as laptops, kiosks and handhelds. >> Content Versioning: Automates and streamlines the time-consuming and costly administrative task of managing multiple versions of learning content. >> ToolBook: Empowers subject matter experts and learning professionals to rapidly create interactive content, quizzes, assessments, and software simulations. >> e-Commerce: Comprehensive commerce capabilities to drive revenues. >> Mobile: Extends the capabilities of your learning management solution with flexible distance learning options to remote delivery across multiple mobile devises. >> Extended Enterprise: Delivers education and training to external audiences beyond traditional employees. What SumTotal Says: “This is the second year in a row that Sum-Total has won a Best of Elearning! award, and we are honored to be recognized this year for best Enterprise LMS. It’s a special award because it’s voted on by customers,” says SumTotal CEO John Borgerding. “We launched our fully integrated end-to-end strategic HCM suite earlier this year and are dedicated to providing customers with unparalleled integration. SumTotal is equally committed to delivering continued innovation and excellence among our individual solutions, such as learning, and we appreciate our customers recognizing those efforts.” Key Customers: >> Royal Dutch Shell >> Amway >> U.S. Army What Customers Say:
>> “Love its flexibility for the diverse enterprise” >> “The fact that a large number of custom fields can be added by the top level
administrator rather than requiring customization is priceless in both terms of time and money” >> “It offers the most complete solution and can be customized by users without incurring expensive outside consulting fees” Company History: As one of the pioneers in human resource software starting in 1985, SumTotal’s proven history in learning management, talent management, and workforce management solutions has consistently paved the industry with innovation and best practices focused on helping customers achieve more from their strategic human capital investments. SumTotal customers are far better equipped to optimize resource planning and allocation, control costs, motivate employees and managers, align the workforce with business objectives, and drive individual and organizational performance. With more than 3,500 customers and 45 million users worldwide, SumTotal has increased the performance of the world’s largest organizations including CBS, Astra- Zeneca, GKN, Seagate, Aetna, Citigroup, DaimlerChrysler, Delta Air Lines, Harley- Davidson, Microsoft, Novartis, PNC Bank, Rolls-Royce, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Bancorp, and Vodafone. Contact Information: SumTotal Systems, Inc.
1808 North Shoreline Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94043
(352) 264-2800 or (866) 768-6825www.sumtotalsystems.com Awards of Excellence: >> NetDimensions Learning >> Saba Software LearningSuite Category Winner: eXact Learning LCMS The eXact Learning Suite enables you to professionally author content from disparate sources and legacy systems, and to effectively move content from a stack of unrelated knowledge parts to a coherent and sustainable course/training/ professional enhancement objective. Thanks to recent solution enhancements and developments, including eXact Learning Method consulting methodology as part of an enterprise-wide knowledge factory, the eXact Learning Suite is perfectly positioned to control the entire content-touser lifecycle. eXact Learning Suite offers you a powerful range of authoring and content delivery capabilities. It fully supports tailoring of content production and delivery processes according to client-specific targets/ learning objectives/ business requirements. “During the past few months, we’ve been working hard to ensure that our eXact learning LCMS platform meets today’s needs and trends,” notes Fabrizio Cardinali, CEO of eXact Learning Solutions’ North America and Australia operations and senior vice president of the company’s Global Business Development. “To that end, we’ve recently announced some enhancements to the LCMS — in version 10 — that should make it even more of a market leader in its field. “The new Version 10 of our LCMS includes unique features such as dynamic publishing, template-based personalisation and DITA support. “It’s increasingly important to develop and store learning content in such a way that’s conducive to it being used — not just in a static, blended approach to learning but also in a dynamic way that’s able to repackage itself, interoperating with media and skills-based personalization systems within the enterprise. “This will allow it to adapt, in real time, to the learner’s personality, perspective and learning preferences; as well as her/his skills and competency gaps, the learner’s location and the available device to deliver the learning and/or support. Moreover, the content must be easily delivered from the central enterprise repository or a federated network of corporate repositories.” What eXact Says: “It’s deeply gratifying to receive this accolade from the learning industry’s professionals,” says Cardinali. “It’s always very pleasing to receive the endorsement of those who use your products. “This prize adds to many analysts and technology reviewers’ awards, but it is particularly significant for us, since it comes from those who use and experience learning solutions on a daily basis.” Key Customers: >> Volkswagen Italia >> U.K. National Health Service >> University of Western Australia What Customers Say: >> “A great tool — flexible, powerful — plus it supports all major standards” >> “Tailor-made solutions regarding content management touch the heart of providing learning solutions” >> “Flexibility has resulted in a massive improvement in our content” Company History: eXact learning solutions, formerly Giunti Labs, is an online and mobile learning content management and digital repository solutions provider, which offers a wide range of tools and services for content development, content management and content delivery, covering: >> Learning content management and digital repository platforms >> Mobile learning technologies >> Consulting and professional services >> Multi-language bespoke learning content production The company has more than 15 years of experience and more than 100 customers worldwide. Its technological innovations allow enterprises to improve their organizational performance in learning content production and management, and to achieve significant reductions in business costs. Contact Information: eXact Learning Solutions
Via Portobello – Baia del Silenzio
16039 Sestri Levante (GE), Italy
(+39) email@example.com Awards of Excellence: >> SumTotal Systems LCMS >> Xyleme LCMS Category Winner: Epignosis eFront LMS EFront is a robust learning platform, bundled with key enterprise functionality ranging from branch management to tailor-made reports. The company has worked with hundreds of organizations to shape a product that meets the training needs of modern enterprises. eFront is designed especially for organizations that range from 100 to 10,000 users. eFront is designed to stimulate thirst for knowledge by being easy to use with a visually attractive user interface. Users maximize the time spent learning new skills, rather than learning how to use the platform. All eFront editions are provided with its source code. That means you can fully customize eFront to suit your organization’s unique needs, integrate it with other existing systems, customize its interface, and add new functionality through eFront’s modular architecture. Epignosis offers a completely free opensource edition of eFront that features additional functionality and exceptional security, scalability and support. What Epignosis Says: “This award was the result of years of improvements to make eFront a top-class solution for organizations that need to train their people and customers around the globe. This is a happy moment for us, and we appreciate all our customers who trust in us for their e-learning endeavors,” says Athanasios Papagelis, founder and CTO of Epignosis. Key Customers: >> Fujitsu >> University of South Carolina >> Panasonic What Customers Say: >> “An extremely wide array of functionality, but still simple and easy to use” >> “By far the best LMS on the market; all others are fighting for second place” >> “Allowed us to be able to effectively and efficiently manage all of our participants, track learning, run reports and collect information” Company History: Epignosis Ltd., the vendor of eFront e-learning and TalentLMS, was founded in Greece in November 2003 by Dimitris Tsigos and Papagelis, two pioneers of the high-tech start-up community in Europe, being the first spin-out of the entrepreneurial ecosystem which led to the creation of StartTech Ventures. After years of cutting-edge research and development, eFront was certified by the U.S. Department of Defense in 2006 and published as open-source in 2007. A a global network of VAR partners started growing in 2008. Today, Epignosis is headquartered in the United States with partners in more than 60 countries. Fueling the learning revolution, Epignosis launched TalentLMS in 2012 in a quest to democratize learning and make best-of-breed learning technology accessible to small and medium-sized organizations. Contact Information: Epignosis LLC
1209 Orange St.
Wilmington, New Castle, DE 19801
(646) 797-2799www.efrontlearning.net Awards of Excellence: >> Moodle LMS >> Totara LMS Category Winner: Cornerstone On Demand With the Cornerstone Performance Cloud, you can align individual goals with departmental objectives and organizational strategy; enable workforce and employee succession management; and get the power of comprehensive compensation tools. This gives your organization the necessary tools to translate workforce activity into positive business results, identify and track employee performance, and recognize and reward top performers the right way. In the area of performance management, aligning business strategy with the goals of your workforce in addition to managing tasks enterprise-wide is challenging without a performance management system. The Cornerstone Performance Cloud makes it easy to set career and performance goals with the most sophisticated goal software available. For skills and competency management, you casily identify competency and skill gaps using 180- and 360-degree feedback, self-assessments and custom-built competency models. Cornerstone can dynamically generate an individual development plan and recommend training or developmental activities based on an employee’s competency assessment. Cornerstone Succession Management helps identify and proactively address workforce planning issues and opportunities before they occur, providing the ability to map out succession scenarios for any position within your organization. And Cornerstone Compensation manages all types of employee compensation programs including salary, merit increases, market adjustments, lump sum payments, and other discretionary pay components. Key Customers: >> Zimmer Holdings >> Agfirst Farm Credit Bank >> American Bankers Association What Customers Say: >> “Flexibility and organic development are product strengths” >> “The company includes clients in the design process” >> “Collaborative tools such as forums and groups are easy to set up and manage” Company History: Cornerstone OnDemand was founded in 1999 as CyberU, Inc., by Adam Miller, Perry Wallack and Steve Seymour. In May 2005, the company changed its name to Cornerstone OnDemand. In March 2011, the company went public on the NASDAQ Global Market under the stock symbol CSOD. The company is now based in Santa Monica, Calif., with regional headquarters in London, Paris, Munich, Mumbai and Tel Aviv. All three co-founders continue to work for the company. Cornerstone OnDemand’s product line consists of four integrated “clouds”: Recruiting Cloud, Learning Cloud, Performance Cloud and Extended Enterprise Cloud. Contact Information: Cornerstone OnDemand
1601 Cloverfield Blvd., Suite 600
Los Angeles, CA 90404
(888) 260-0152www.cornerstoneondemand.com Awards of Excellence: >> SuccessFactors BizX Suite >> Oracle/Learn/Taleo >> SumTotal Systems Total Talent Management Excellence Awards: LMS/TMS BEST LMS (SAAS, OPEN SOURCE OR CONTENT SUPPLIER) Articulate Online Articulate Online is a user-friendly hosted service that allows you to track how employees, customers, and prospects interact with your e-learning courses, assessments and presentations. And publishing and delivering that content is a snap. Even individual employees and business units of large organizations can quickly and easily publish content, track e-learning activity online, and get detailed reports without bureaucratic hassle. With it, you can: publish content online with just one click via authoring tools; deliver content directly to your intended audience; and track who is viewing your presentations and how they respond to your quizzes and surveys. —More info: www.articulate.com/products/articulate-online.php BizLibrary CompanyCollege LMS BizLibrary’s Learning Management System, CompanyCollege, has all the features and functionality you would expect from an award-winning LMS without the cost and expense usually associated with enterprise-widesystems. BizLibrary makes it easy for small and mid-size companies to track, manage and deploy all your online learning within one platform. Features include: integrated email messaging and notifications; AICC certified and SCORM compliant; full hosting and maintenance (SaaS); end-user and system administrator training; branded online portal; enhanced resource management; and 50-plus standard reports. —More info: www.bizlibrary.com/LMS/CompanyCollegeLMSBasicFeatures.aspx Docebo Cloud With Docebo, there’s no installation required, fast deployment, and greater scalability and cost optimization. Docebo adopts Amazon Cloudfront for his distribution network, allowing users to access e-learning processes anytime and anywhere. HTML5 Interface and App allows usage via Android and Apple tablets and smartphones. Explore the company’s E-Learning Marketplace to get the best online courses from the top international content providers. —More info: www.docebo.com ePath Learning ASAP ePath Learning’s SaaS technology integrates LMS and LCMS features into one robust platform. The cloud delivery method is geographically limitless, and multi-tenant architecture is economically sound. ePath Learning ASAP is the only service on the market that integrates the multi-user authoring capabilities of a learning content management system with the delivery and reporting features of a traditional learning management system via SaaS, which eliminates the costly hardware and software purchases and I.T. support needs of traditional installed or hosted LMSs. —More info: www.epathlearning.com/services/asap.html Epignosis LTD eFront Enterprise LMS eFront is a robust learning platform, bundled with key enterprise functionality ranging from branch management to tailor-made reports. eFront was designed for organizations that range from 100 to 10,000 users. It’s also designed to stimulate thirst for knowledge by being easy to use with a visually attractive user interface. All eFront editions are provided with their source code. That means you can fully customize eFront to suit your organization’s unique needs, integrate it with other existing systems, customize its interface, and add new functionality through eFront’s modular architecture. —More info: www.efrontlearning.net/ BEST LMS (ENTERPRISE-BASED)
NetDimensions Learning At the core of the NetDimensions Talent Suite, NetDimensions Learning is an award-winning, multilingual LMS that enables organizations to manage the entire learning and development process (online and live classroom) from enrollment and delivery to testing, tracking and reporting, as well as offer a personalized learning environment with individual development plans, competencies, licenses and certifications. NetDimensions Learning supports all learning types. The system provides learners with knowledge-sharing functionality, access from any mobile device, social and collaborative features, and integration with career development and planning. —More info: www.netdimensions.com/talent-suite/learning.php Saba Software LearningSuite With a unified learning suite, you can streamline core processes with learning management solutions that deliver direct impact on revenues, customer satisfaction and margins. This is an advanced enterprise LMS that not just develops your employees but rapidly enables the global extended-enterprise value chain of channel partners, suppliers and franchisees. It frees you up from broken workflows of disjointed applications by removing the barriers to learning with seamless, unified learning workflows. Saba’s learning management product seamlessly weaves certifications, curriculum management, collaborative learning, social learning, content integration and mobile learning in a single solution to enable rapid learning. —More info: /www.saba.com/learning-management-solution/ Excellence Awards: LMS/TMS continued BEST LEARNING CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SumTotal Systems LCMS SumTotal Learning Content Management provides an innovative environment for developing, assembling, managing and delivering personalized learning content. Built on a complete talent management platform, SumTotal LCMS enables you to reduce content management costs by providing a large-scale, centralized learning content environment. It will also allow you to increase content development productivity and creativity by enabling a collaborative, teambased content creation environment with built-in automation and workflows —More info: www.sumtotalsystems.com/products/learning-content-managementsystem.html Xyleme LCMS Xyleme LCMS is an efficient content development platform for rapid authoring and rapid reuse of content across any print or digital format. This is accomplished though a single source of format-neutral XML that is centrally located with on-demand availability for publishing to all types of print, e-learning, tablet and other mobile outputs. Xyleme LCMS single-source technology offers a rapid, cost-efficient solution in the current digital landscape. It provides a way to publish printed and e-learning materials together with e-books, mobile or tablet outputs, all from the same source of open content. —More info: www.xyleme.com/product/lcms BEST TALENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SuccessFactors BizX Suite
BizX Suite bridges the gap between strategy and execution by optimizing people productivity. It has the ability to deliver sustainable competitive advantage. Robust workforce analytics and planning bring together talent and business data, and combined with a next-generation core H.R. solution, improve executive insight and decision-making, allowing organizations to align human capital investments with the strategy and needs of the business. BizX gives you talent solutions, core H.R., collaboration tools and workforce analytics. —More info: www.successfactors.com/business-execution-software/ Oracle Learn/Taleo The Oracle Taleo Cloud Service enables enterprises and midsize businesses to recruit top talent, align that talent to key goals, manage performance, develop and compensate top performers, and turn today’s best performers into tomorrow’s leaders. A broad, cloud-based talent management platform, Oracle Taleo Cloud Service collects relevant talent information throughout the employee’s entire lifecycle, empowering H.R., managers, and employees to leverage talent insights to drive improved performance and business success. —More info: www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/taleo/overview/index.html SumTotal Systems Total Talent Management SumTotal Talent Portal provides the core platform services used across the SumTotal talent management solution that are inherently linked to all talent products within the SumTotal cloud platform. In addition, SumTotal Talent Portal is built on a flexible technology architecture that enables customers to deploy the Talent Portal in the SumTotal Cloud. Included in the system are talent profiles, employee records, a library of pre-defined competencies, job profiles (including user-defined criteria), career development and hundreds of pre-defined, out-of-box reports that provide metrics and analysis of the data in the TMS. —More info: www.sumtotalsystems.com/products/Talent-Portal.html BEST OPEN-SOURCE SOLUTION Moodle LMS
The Moodle project comprises several distinct but related elements, namely thesoftware and the Moodle Community, an open network of more than 1 million registered users who interact through the Moodle community website to share ideas, code, information and free support. This community also includes a large number of non-core developers, with Moodle’s free source license and modular design allowing any developer to create additional modules and features. The Moodle Partner network, which forms the commercial arm of the Moodle environment and provides the bulk of the funding to Moodle Pty. Ltd. through the payment of royalties. —More info: https://moodle.org/ Totara LMS Totara is a custom distribution of Moodle for the corporate sector. It’s designed to meet the learning management needs of busy enterprises and to deliver the benefits of opensource software. Totara’s three partners — Catalyst IT, Kineo and Flexible Learning Network (now Kineo Pacific) — form a global alliance dedicated to enhancing Moodle for the corporate sector and to creating the leading learning platform for corporate enterprises. The new Totara distribution of Moodle is open source and available on a subscription basis, which provides ongoing support and enhancements. —More info: http://totaralms.com/ Category Winner: Skillsoft IT Library Skillsoft offers I.T. certification courseware and supporting e-learning resources for more than 100 professional I.T. certifications. Its I.T. certification training solution catalog includes popular certifications like Microsoft MCIPT, MCSA and MCSE; Cisco CCNA, CCDA and CCDP; and certifications from other leading vendors such as Oracle, IBM, EMC and Sun. Skillsoft’s I.T. certification courseware is supplemented by a full range of e-learning assets including: >> The Skillsoft ITPro online reference collection, featuring books from trusted publishers such as MIT Press, Microsoft Press and McGraw-Hill. This searchable online collection complements Skillsoft’s I.T. certification courseware by providing an instant, on-demand resource for investigating specific topicsor finding answers to specific questions. The ITPro collection is a more efficient and reliable I.T. information source than the alternative of performing Web searches. >> Practice certification exams and practice labs. >> Live, instructor-led virtual classroom instruction on a range of I.T. certification topics. >> Online mentoring from an experienced mentoring staff. The Skillsoft mentoring team collectively holds more than 1,000 certifications and accreditations. Learners can leverage this resource by using online chat or e-mail to ask questions or confirm understanding. This array of IT certification courseware and supporting e-learning assets can be integrated into convenient learning portals known as Skillsoft KnowledgeCenters centered around specific technology vendors like Microsoft, Oracle or Cisco and around critical I.T. topics like IT Security or Enterprise Solutions. What Skillsoft Says: “Our team is dedicated to providing a diverse platform of innovative learning solutions for company leaders and IT professionals to make learning quick and engaging, so we are extremely proud to be recognized for our work by those who use our solutions the most,” says John Ambrose, senior vice president, Strategy, Corporate Development and Emerging Business. Key Customers: >> BP Lubricants Americas >> Wellpoint >> American Heart Association What Customers Say: >> “Clear, consise, easy to use” >> “Easy to incorporate into an enterprise LMS” Company History: Chuck Moran founded Skillsoft in 1998 with Warburg Pincus’s venture capital backing of more than $20 million. The company went public in January 2000, raising $40 million; it raised $88 million in a secondary offering in July 2001. Skillsoft merged with SmartForce in September 2002 in a deal valued at more than $500 million. On May 14, 2007, Skillsoft completed the acquisition of NETg from The Thomson Corp. In May 2010, Skillsoft was acquired by SSI Investments III Ltd., a company formed by funds sponsored by each of Berkshire Partners LLC, Advent International Corp. and Bain Capital Partners, LLC. The transaction was valued at approximately $1.2 billion. Earlier this year, Skillsoft acquired ThirdForce Group PLC and MindLeaders. Moran continues as CEO, president and chairman of the board. The company now serves more than 5,000 customers and more than 13 million learners worldwide. Contact Information: SkillSoft
107 Northeastern Blvd.
Nashua, NH 03062
603-324-3000 or (877) 545-5763www.skillsoft.com Awards of Excellence: >> Lynda.com Software Library >> Safari Books Online Category Winner (tie): eCornell Leadership As the domestic economy and international markets become more interdependent, the demand is increasing for professionals who are able to conduct business with knowledge of various economic, political and cultural nuances. eCornell offers deep, rich curriculum through certificate programs and individual courses authored by Ivy League faculty and subject-matter experts at the top of their fields. It assembles a formidable catalog of options in its business leadership training. There are a series of four leadership development training programs from Cornell University’s Johnson Graduate School of Management and the School of Hotel Administration. Participants who successfully complete the courses within the program receive a certificate from Cornell University. Courses in the Leadership and Strategic Management series are designed to enable mid- and senior-level managers and executives to think and plan strategically, optimize decision making, generate new ideas and identify opportunities for change. Students apply career experience to determine how to become an effective corporate leader and to build business management skills. Six certification programs comprise the leadership series: “High-Performance Leadership,” “Change Leadership,” “Executive Leadership,” “Management Reporting Systems and Strategies,” “Achieving Competitive Advantage” and “Managing for Execution.” What eCornell Says: “It’s an honor to win this award and be appreciated by the industry and our clients,” says eCornell’s Tom Abogabal. “The team in Ithaca (N.Y.) and around the world always relishes the opportunity to get recognized for our efforts to bring the best of what Cornell (University) has to offer to the rest of the world, including the b-to-b sector.” Key Customers: >> Eyerly Ball >> Jeitosa Group International What Customers Say: >> “The process is proven to guide students to achieve success, and the content is world-class” >> “Maximum flexibility, easy to use interface” >> “Ivy League content is first-rate” Company History: eCornell was created in 2000 as a for-profit subsidiary of Cornell University to develop and deliver online courses. In the fall of 2002, eCornell signed its first corporate contracts. More than 20 companies agreed to participate in a pilot program of courses and receive survey data on student satisfaction and performance. On March 3, 2009, eCornell formally announced its new brand identity, logo, and website. Today, the company is overseen by a seven-person board of directors, including president and CEO Chris Proulx. Contact Information: eCornell
950 Danby Road, Suite 150
Ithaca, NY 14850
www.ecornell.com Award of Excellence: >> Harvard Business Publishing Manage-Mentor Category Winner (tie): Skillsoft Leadership SkillSoft Leadership Advantage is a leading-edge leadership skills trainingand development program solution designed by experts to make learning quick and engaging. From first-time and frontline managers to managers in the executive suite, SkillSoft Leadership Advantage delivers learning solutions at every level in two hours or less, for easy integration into busy work schedules. Learning tracks within the Leadership Advantage have been thoughtfully organized to provide current and high-potential leaders with a diverse collection of training resources developed specifically for leadership and management skills development. Multiple modes of learning instruction accommodate a variety of learning styles and preferences, and each track takes only two hours to complete. Also, learners can leave programs and return to finish when it’s convenient for them, while individual learning modules are designed to fit valuable leadership insights into only a few minutes of time — a perfect fit for executive calendars. What Skillsoft Says: “Being selected the Best Leadership Development winner and Best IT Content winner by the Elearning! readers is a great honor for all of us at Skillsoft,” says John Ambrose, senior vice president, Strategy, Corporate Development and Emerging Business. Key Customers: >> BTL Group >> Harvard Pilgrim Health Care >> GlobalFoundries What Customers Say: >> “Quick and to the point … great for executives” >> “Easy, quick, very interactive” >> “Offers high-quality content that’s extremely well organized” Company History: Chuck Moran founded Skillsoft in 1998 with Warburg Pincus’s venture capital backing of more than $20 million. The company went public in January 2000, raising $40 million; it raised $88 million in a secondary offering in July 2001. Skillsoft merged with SmartForce in September 2002 in a deal valued at more than $500 million. On May 14, 2007, Skillsoft completed the acquisition of NETg from The Thomson Corp. In May 2010, Skillsoft was acquired by SSI Investments III Ltd., a company formed by funds sponsored by each of Berkshire Partners LLC, Advent International Corp. and Bain Capital Partners, LLC. The transaction was valued at approximately $1.2 billion. Earlier this year, Skillsoft acquired ThirdForce Group PLC and MindLeaders. Moran continues as CEO, president and chairman of the board. The company now serves more than 5,000 customers and more than 13 million learners worldwide. Contact Information: SkillSoft
107 Northeastern Blvd.
Nashua, NH 03062
603-324-3000 or (877) 545-5763www.skillsoft.com Award of Excellence: >> Harvard Business Publishing Manage-Mentor Category Winner: BizLibrary Streaming Video Library The BizLibrary Streaming Video Library contains more than 1,500 YouTube-style, high-quality online video training programs and online training videos covering 26 different business topics. There is something for every employee and every department in any organization. For instance, there are 53 leadership courses, 81 on desktop computer skills, 46 on communication, 24 on team building, 16 on time management, and 50 on customer service — made available through the cooperation of more than 30 training video producers. Employee training topics that are offered in the Streaming Video Library are Leadership Development, Legal Compliance, Sales, Manager and Supervision, Computer Skills, Environmental Health and Safety, HR Training, Training & Development, Microsoft Training, Soft Skills and Sexual Harassment. With these mobile-friendly courses, users get on-demand, unlimited access. What BizLibrary Says: “We are incredibly proud and honored to receive two different awards from Elearning! for the second year in a row,” says BizLibrary president and CEO Dean Pichee. “We’ve always strived to provide exactly what our customers need by listening to feedback and working with them to generate the best possible results for their companies.” Key Customers: >> Covenant HealthCare >> Bally Technologies >> Retail Solutions Provider Association What Customers Say: >> “Great staff, excellent products, good aftermarket support” >> “Shorter content delivered in a very user-friendly format” >> “Vast diversity of courses makes this product unlike any other” Company History: Founded in 1997 by Pichee, a successful entrepreneur with more than 25 years experience in the training industry, BizLibrary has grown to serve hundreds of thousands of employees, in thousands of small and mid-sized organizations throughout the United States. BizLibrary has become a leading provider of e-learning and blended learning solutions and platforms for small and mid-sized organizations. It offers a comprehensive package of employee training and development products and services, including thousands of industry-leading, off-the-shelf courses, a hosted learning management system, integrated authoring tool, and a dedicated team of service professionals that customize, implement and integrate our solutions to drive business results and ROI for client partners. BizLibrary provides a fully integrated, one-stop e-learning solution, specifically designed for small and mid-sized organizations and their budgets. Today, BizLibrary’s leadership team, beyond Pichee, consists of: Shannon Kluczny, vp of Client Services; Karen Marino, vp of Sales; Chris Osborn, vp of Marketing; Brian Roemer, Technology Solutions Specialist; Les Wight, Chief Technology Officer; and Debbie Williams, vp of Operations. Contact Information: BizLibrary
285 Chesterfield Business Pkwy.
Chesterfield, MO 63005
(888) 432-3077www.bizlibrary.com Awards of Excellence: >> eCornell HR Management >> Franklin Covey 7 Habits Series Category Winner (tie):ej4 Sales Training Library The mission of ej4 is to build employee performance, not log training hours. The company’s videos are built for today’s learner: short, quick and actionable, all in about 10 minutes or less. The cloud-hosted content is easily accessible anywhere, anytime, via smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. Benefits of using ej4: >> Cloud-based sales training, available 24/7 >> Mobile, tablet and computer, with no special app required >> Quick, engaging short-format; like a news clip >> No long-boring slideshows or day-long trainings Customers that avail themselves of the company’s custom e-learning services find that such content doesn’t have to be expensive; that quick turnarounds are possible; and that full project management is part of all custom design. What EJ4 Says: “We are very proud and grateful to receive this award from Elearning! for our sales training content, says CEO Ryan Eudy. “Our passion as a performance improvement company is to build quick, easy, and effective learning tools that help our customers draw out the very best in their teams. We greatly appreciate this honor and will use it fuel our efforts in building even more effective and engaging learning/communication tools.” Key Customers: >> Dr. Pepper Snapple Group >> Syngenta >> Allison Transmission What Customers Say: >> “Able to watch it just before you go in for a sales call” >> “Quality and content were outstanding” >> “Easily usable by our training people” Company History: ej4, LLC, in St. Louis, MO., is a private company categorized under Training and Development Consultant.Simply stated, ej4 is performance improvement hat works. As one of the largest elearning and performance improvement consultant services in the nation, ej4’s solutions include custom elearning, off-the-shelf elearning, custom book summaries, webinar services, consulting, and innovative social learning platform. ej4 was founded in 2003 with offices in St. Louis, MO and Overland Park, KS.The team with a combined 60 years of experience is lead by: Paul Russell, Founder; Ryan Eudy, CEO, Rick Michael, Chief Marketing Officer; and Tom Lynch, Chief Technology Officer. Contact Information: 12125 Woodcrest Executive Dr., Suite 300
St. Louis, MO 63141
(800) 566-3159www.ej4.com Award of Excellence: >> Achieve Global Sales Effectiveness Category Winner (tie): BizLibrary A better prepared and more professional sales force results in improved performance, increased revenue, expansion into new markets and reduced training costs. Moreover, having a better trained sales force can mean improved customer relations, reduced employeee turnover and more cost-effective
selling activities. The BizLibrary training library contains 175 videos, in lengths from 3 minutes to 360 minutes. Many of the videos last 20 minutes or less, but for more in-depth subject treatment, there are also many of more than two hours’ duration. Topics are rated by users from zero to five stars. Some of the highest-ratedtopics include: “Building a Winning Sales Team,” “Motivating a Winning Sales Team,” “Negotiating to Mutual Benefit” (a Skillsoft presentation), “Strategic Account Sales Skills Simulation,” “Winning the Sale” and “Solution Selling. ”By registering for a free 30-day trial with BizLibrary, you get access to all of the company’s online sales skills resources. There’s no risk, no obligation, and nocredit card required. What BizLibrary Says: “I feel that two years at the top shows how satisfied our customers have been with the solutions we have provided. It’s really great to know that small and mid-sized organizations can come to BizLibrary and take advantage of these partnerships and our ability to fully integrate these excellent solutions into a single, comprehensive package of content bundled with technology,” says BizLibrary president and CEO Dean Pichee. Key Customers: >> Accessmedical LLC >> PPM Project Management >> Advance Financial What Customers Say: >> “Designed to be short snippets of information” >> “Great way to provide training but not devote an entire day of not selling” Company History: Founded in 1997 by Pichee, a successful entrepreneur with more than 25 years experience in the training industry, BizLibrary has grown to serve hundreds of thousands of employees, in thousands of small and mid-sized organizations throughout the United States.BizLibrary has become a leading provider of e-learning and blended learning solutions and platforms for small and mid-sized organizations. It offers a comprehensive package of employee training and development products and services, including thousands of industry-leading, off-theshelf courses, a hosted learning management system, integrated authoring tool, and a dedicated team of service professionals that customize, implement and integrate our solutions to drive business results and ROI for client partners. BizLibrary provides a fully integrated, one-stop e-learning solution, specifically designed for small and mid-sized organizations and their budgets. Today, BizLibrary’s leadership team, beyond Pichee, consists of: Shannon Kluczny, vp of Client Services; Karen Marino, vp of Sales; Chris Osborn, vp of Marketing; Brian Roemer, Technology Solutions Specialist; Les Wight, Chief Technology Officer; and Debbie Williams, vp of Operations. Contact Information: BizLibrary
285 Chesterfield Business Pkwy.
Chesterfield, MO 63005
www.bizlibrary.com Award of Excellence: >> Achieve Global Sales Effectiveness Category Winner: Vubiz Compliance Courses Vubiz is an award-winning e-learning company with quality online courses and customer service. It is expert at making online training effective at the very best price. Vubiz has built an excellent reputation over the past decade by offering value with comprehensive services from its large online library to content creation, an LMS, and Vubuild — a do-ityourself authoring tool. The company has more than 70 titles in its compliance library, including such topics as affirmative action, ADA, codes of conduct, copyright law, contract law, ethics, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, harassment, immigration law and many more. “Compliance is a gateway for people who weren’t doing e-learning before,” notes Robin Rapino, vice president of marketing and U.S. operations. “They start to see how easy it is, and how it works, then they start to think of leadership training and all the other things it might work for.” Vubiz also offers e-learning topics for the banking, business, computer, marketing, finance, HR, health and insurance sectors. Overall, its large, diverse e-learning library contains more than 4,000 hours of online instruction. And it offers its own robust learning management system. What Vubiz Says: “We are honored by all those that voted for Vubiz ” says Vubiz president Jim Rapino“We’re excited to acknowledge our team’s commitment to creating the best compliance online training available at the best competitive price. Thank you to the Elearning Media Group, our clients and our team.” Davita Health Care >> Bumble Bee Foods >> Honda What Customers Say: >> “Love the accessibility, content, ease of use, price” >> “Course is easy to understand and use; platform is stable; content is accurate; pricing is very competitive and provides good cost/benefit” >> ‘Dynamite, top-notch quality’ >> ‘Cross-platform use, interactivity, LMS reporting, customer service, price are
all nice’ Company History: Vubiz began operations in late 1995 as a not-for-profit company called the Learning Institute for Small and Medium Sized Enterprise. It was founded by John Bulloch, founder and past president of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB). In 2000, the company was incorporated and changed its legal name to Vubiz Ltd. (Virtual University for Business). In 2009, it purchased the key assets and clients of Next- Move, a leader in developing customized strategy-linked e-learning programs. Today, Vubiz is a thriving, international e-learning company with a solid reputation for award-winning e-learning, value and customer service. Vubiz provides full service — content, development, and delivery software — offering solutions that are flexible in practice. By having thousands of hours of off-the-shelf content available for purchase as-is or tailored to a specific client situation, its flexibility differentiates it in the marketplace. President and CEO Jim Rapino is a leading executive and e-learning expert. Senior VP and CTO Peter Bulloch is a solid technical professional. Contact Information: Vubiz Inc.
8271 Melrose Avenue, Suite 111
Los Angeles, CA 90046
http://vubiz.com Awards of Excellence: >> Global Learning Systems Security Awareness Essential >> NetLearning Compliance Series Excellence Awards: Content BEST I.T. CONTENT
Lynda.com Software Library Software, creative and business skills courses feature high-quality, professional video production; engaging, qualified instructors; anywhere learning on Macs, PCs, tablets and smartphones; and unlimited access to all 1,542 courses, with more added every week. I.T. content is divided by software tutorials (Excel, Office, Word, Acrobat, etc.), vendor (Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, etc.) and skill level (beginner, intermediate, advanced, and appropriate for all). Length of the tutorials run from 15 minutes to more than 10 hours (for FileMaker Pro). —More info: www.lynda.com Safari Books Online Instant access to thousands of books and videos for technology, creative, and business professionals from the world’s most trusted experts. Accounts for workgroups, departments, associations, and enterprises. Added security for government agencies; GSA pricing available. Problem-solve, develop skills faster, and transform teamwork to allow for more innovative project delivery with these videos, and stay abreast of critical emerging and existing technology and business knowledge. —More info: www.safaribooksonline.com BEST LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM Harvard Business Publishing ManageMentor Harvard ManageMentor is an online learning and performance support resource that serves up critical management skills at the time and place that your leaders need them most. Offering relevant video content and the latest collaboration features, Harvard ManageMentor delivers 44 topics that address a full spectrumof issues. It’s ideal for managers at all levels who face a wide variety of business challenges on a daily basis. Building and refining this group’s ability to effectively apply hard and soft skills on the job will directly affect your organization’s performance and success. —More info: http://harvardbusiness.org/harvard-managementor BEST SOFT SKILLS CONTENT
eCornell HR Management eCornell offers human resource management training for management and professional skills development from Cornell’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations. More than 20 titles cover topics like employment laws, work/life balance, welfare/legal benefits, coaching and more. The organization also offers online programs in leadership, strategic management, project leadership, management essentials, marketing and more. —More info: www.ecornell.com FranklinCovey 7 Habits Series Based on the best-selling book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” By Stephen R. Covey. Help employees apply timeless principles of effectiveness to improve interpersonal communication, take initiative, establish greater trust, strengthen relationships, increase influence, and balance key priorities. FranklinCovey says that it creates transformational leadership in people and organizations around the globe through training, executive coaching, and principle-based programs. —More info: http://www.franklincovey.com/tc/ BEST COMPLIANCE/CERTIFICATION PROGRAM Global Learning Systems Security Awareness Essential Every GLS solution is built on a comprehensive understanding of information security issues, best practices, 20 years of training and communication experience, and a unique understanding of utilizing media and technology for effective learning. Offerings include web-based courses, refresher modules, reinforcement tools and internal marketing solutions. Information Security Awareness training incorporates relevant I.T. security standards and requirements, including FISMA, HIPPA, NIST and others —More info: www.globallearningsystems.com/solutions/ NetLearning Compliance Series Compliance Courses are designed to provide maximum flexibility for the different needs of users. Instead of spending hours taking compliance courses, learners have the option of completing the full course which can be completed in one hour, great for new employees, or a unique course review section for veteran employees that can be completed in just six minutes. Courses havereceived the ASTD E-learning Courseware Certification, one of only seven companies in the world to achieve Library certification. —More info: www.netlearning.cengage.com/compliance.html BEST SALES TRAINING Achieve Global Sales Effectiveness Drawing on decades of research and consulting experience as a worldwide sales training company, AchieveGlobal has developed the industry standard in sales performance improvement — “Achieving Superior Sales Performance.” The system features more than 20 programs that directly address both tactical and strategic selling skills. It approaches the organization at four levels, each requiring different development needs. —More info: www.achieveglobal.com Category Winner: Zenler Studio Lite Zenler Studio is a powerful, yet easy-to-use, e-learning authoring system that offers a programming free environment for creating high-quality interactive e-learning courses which can be published on the Internet or to any SCORM/AICC compliant LMS. The most popular iteration of Zenler Studio is the “Lite” version, which is designed for those starting out in the world of e-Learning. Studio Lite’s mission is to produce courses with interactivity, audio narration and quiz capabilities to produce engaging courses at a very affordable price. The novice or the pro thinking of striking out on his or her own or the organization that wants to craft its own training programs can do so with a tool that will meet the task at hand and be entirely affordable. What Zenler Says: “In 2010, we were looking at LMS’s that would meet the criteria of simple, fast, easy and economical,” says Tom Burton, vice president of Business Development. “Our strategy is to be at a lower cost level for those people just entering the field or don’t have a lot of experience. People can become productive almost immediately with our product. “We would like thank you all those who voted for Zenler. Thank you to the Elearning Media Group, our clients and our team.” Key Customers: >> Nova South Eastern University >> Dream Health >> Gradient Groups What Customers Say: >> “If one can use PowerPoint, then Zenler Studio is a breeze” >> “Unbelievable — that easy and fast” >> “Highly superior to its competitors in many respects” Company History: Zenler is an innovative e-learning company from the house of DigitalOfficePro, which was founded in 2005. With 70,000 customers around the world, DigitalOfficePro (a Microsoft and Intel partner) has been a leading global provider of powerful rapid communications, online-training solutions and high quality multimedia tools for more than a decade. Zenler focuses on providing innovative tools for creating and managing high-end interactive e-learning content with great ease. Zenler Studio Pro+, which incorporates HTML5 technology, is in the final stages of development. Contact Information: Zenler/DigitalOfficePro, Inc.
117 E. 57 St.
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (800) 306-3208 or (646) 448-8686
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Awards of Excellence: >> Articulate Studio Suite >> ReadyGo WCB Category Winner: Articulate Storyline With Articulate Storyline, e-learning authors can create interactivity, software simulations, and virtually any type of assessment with ease and speed. Articulate Storyline includes one-click publishing to Flash, HTML5 and Articulate Mobile Player, plus a new iPad app that provides the best viewing experienceof e-learning content on the iPad. With Storyline’s Story View, you get the big picture of your course. You can seeall the slides in your course, group them into scenes, and easily alter relationships between slides by moving the lines and arrows connecting them. You can even use triggers in Story View to control how learners proceed through a non-linear course. With Storyline’s multimedia support, you can add Flash interactions to your course easily. Or import video in virtually any format — without performing complex conversions. You can also add sound by importing audio, or simply record it right in Storyline, which also lets you insert and format images in multiple formats, then adjust brightness, contrast and color tint. You also can apply effects — such as shadows and reflections — to any image or shape you create with Storyline’s familiar drawing tools. Also: Easily customize the player that learners use to view your course content. Choose which tabs to show, add your logo, or adjust colors, fonts and position of elements. Then email it to other course creators to enforce brand standards. Give your slides style by applying entrance and exit animations to images, shapes, text boxes, characters and any other objects you add. You can even choose a different transition effect for each slide. What Articulate Says: “Once again, we are delighted in being recognized by the readers of Elearning! magazine as an industry leader,” says Mark Schwartz, executive vice president.
Key Customers: >> East Midlands Cancer Network >> Catapult Training Group >> McCain Foods, Ltd. What Customers Say: >> “Absolutely, tremendously awesome” >> “Impressed with the balance of power and ease of use” >> “Your learners will love what you build” Company History: Adam Schwartz, CEO, founded the company in 2002 with a vision to create innovative tools that would replace traditional e-learning technology. Under his direction, Articulate has grown from a ground-breaking idea into an award-winning company that has been recognized by Deloitte as one of the fastest-growing new technology companies in North America with more than 30,000 customers. Today, the executive team includes Schwartz, CTO Arlyn Asch, vp of Sales Mark Schwartz, vp of Brand Lucy Soros, and vp of Community Tom Kuhlmann. Contact Information: Articulate
244 Fifth Ave., Suite 2960
New York, NY 10001
(800) 861-4880 or (646) 706-7596www.articulate.com Awards of Excellence: >> Zenler Studio Pro >> Trivantis Lectora >> Adobe eLearning Suite >> Adobe Captivate >> ReadyGo WVB Category Winner: Zenler Studio Pro With Zenler Studio user can create interactive SCORM/AICC compliant Flash Based e-Learning courses from right within PowerPoint. Courses created are ready to be published to any Learning Management System (LMS), including Zenler Online LMS. You can also design or edit your Zenler courses even when you are offline and not connected to the internet. With the “Pro” iteration, users get all the possible features available with Zenler Studio. Some of those features are: >> Leverage PowerPoint with a popular and powerful editing environment. >> Course Designer menus can be accessed from the PowerPoint Ribbon and also from the Zenler Course Designer pane right within PowerPoint. >> Apply Quizzes directly into PowerPoint and publish the Quiz to Flash. >> Zenler Interactivity lets you add rich, unique e-learning interactivity into your courses with a few clicks. >> Screen Recording allows you to capture your screen video and create quick demos and insert them directly into your Course. >> Import existing audios and videos or recording them right from within your PowerPoint. >> Word Import feature allows you to insert word document as an ebook inside the course. >> Make your eLearning course more interesting and dynamic by inserting Flash files and YouTube videos or select any YouTube video. >> With its scenario building facility, a user can create e-learning courses with complex scenario in just a few minutes. >> Easily create SCORM or AICC compliant content for LMS’s and track the course effectively. >> Courses can be easily uploaded to any SCORM/AICC compliant LMS’s. What Zenler Says: “We’ve kind of had our nose to the grindstone, doing things the old-fashioned
way,” says Tom Burton, vice president of Business Development. “We would like thank you all those who voted for Zenler. Thank you to the Elearning Media Group, our clients and our team.” Key Customers: >> Nova South Eastern University >> Dream Health >> Gradient Groups Company History: Zenler is an innovative e-learning company from the house of DigitalOfficePro, which was founded in 2005. With 70,000 customers around the world, DigitalOfficePro (a Microsoft and Intel partner) has been a leading global provider of powerful rapid communications, online-training solutions and high quality multimedia tools for more than a decade. Zenler Studio Pro+, which incorporates HTML5 technology, is in the final stages of development. Contact Information: Zenler/DigitalOfficePro, Inc.
117 E. 57 St.
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (800) 306-3208 or (646) 448-8686
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Awards of Excellence: >> Articulate Quizmaker >> ReadyGo WCB Category Winner: Articulate Presenter Articulate Presenter ’09 makes it easy for anyone to add interactivity and narration to PowerPoint slides. Just click a button to turn your presentation into a compelling Flash course. Quickly synchronize the presenter’s voice with slides and animations for a rich learning experience. Presenter ’09 puts everything you need in one exclusive workflow where you’ll be able to quickly distribute highly interactive, persuasive materials; help subject-matter experts share their expertise directly; and spread your message everywhere in a format everyone can view. Features include: >> Animated annotations that highlight important points >> Clear, crisp images and video >> Multi-level navigation and branching >> Embedded live Web pages and other objects >> Multiple publishing options, including Flash, Word, CD and podcasts Articulate Presenter ’09 saves your content in the universally accepted Flash format, so it runs on any Web server or LMS (plus Articulate Online service). Easily create SCORM- and AICC-compliant content for your LMS. Publish for the Web, CD, and Word, and even create an audio podcast — all with a single click. A unique player lets viewers easily navigate your content and access additional resources. You can customize your project with your own logo, layout, navigation options, color schemes and language to provide a unique branded experience. You can also seamlessly incorporate Engage interactions and Quizmaker quizzes, video, Flash and more; and even embed live Web pages for learners to use inside your presentation. What Articulate Says: “We take great pride in developing the very best experience for our customers whether they are using Articulate software to develop engaging e-learning courses or leveraging the resources in our wildly popular E-Learning Heroes community,” says Mark Schwartz, executive vice president. “We are grateful for the continuing acknowledgement.” Key Customers: >> Workwise >> Amgen, Inc. >> Miller Custom Education, Inc. What Customers Say: >> “Easier than ever to use, and the results are outstanding” >> “Quick, responsive controls create a comfortable experience for the user” >> “Final appearance of your presentation is easy to customize, and no programming is required” >> “An impressive, time-saving product that I plan to use on a daily basis” Company History: Adam Schwartz, CEO, founded the company in 2002 with a vision to create innovative tools that would replace traditional e-learning technology. Under his direction, Articulate has grown from a ground-breaking idea into an award-winning company that has been recognized by Deloitte as one of the fastest-growing new technology companies in North America with more than 30,000 customers. Today, the executive team includes Schwartz, CTO Arlyn Asch, vp of Sales Mark Schwartz, vp of Brand Lucy Soros and vp of Community Tom Kuhlmann. Contact Information: Articulate
244 Fifth Ave., Suite 2960
New York, NY 10001
(800) 861-4880 or (646) 706-7596www.articulate.com Awards of Excellence: >> Adobe Presenter >> Brainshark Slideshark >> Prezi Category Winner (tie): Brainshark With Brainshark’s cloud-based software, you can easily transform static content into voiceenriched video presentations that can be accessed anytime, on-demand…and tracked so you can measure the effectiveness of your communications. Creating Brainshark online video presentations is quick and simple to do. Once you’ve prepared your content — Power- Points, documents, photos or video clips — simply log in to your Brainshark account over the Web, upload the content, and then optionally add audio by phone, microphone or MP3 upload. The patented system guides you through a step-by-step process, allowing you to instantly transform your content into voice-enriched online video presentations. Presentations can be shared as links in an email, posted to social media sites, or embedded in blogs or websites. They can also be delivered securely via Brainshark login or from your own portal or learning management system (LMS). Because your presentations are hosted by Brainshark, they can then be accessed by your audiences anytime, on-demand from desktop or mobile devices. Once your presentations are viewed, you can track the viewing details, including who viewed, what they viewed, when they viewed, and even where they viewed. You can receive email alerts with the viewing data or log in to your Brainshark account to access online dashboards and reports. Brainshark’s powerful tracking capabilities enable you to measure the effectiveness of your communications and prioritize follow-up activity with viewers. Brainshark’s core capabilities enable people to quickly and easily create, share and track online and mobile video presentations that are powered by the Brainshark CST Platform, the foundation for all of Brain Brainshark’s online video presentation solutions. In 2013, Brainshark will release dramatic improvements to the mobile player and mobile viewing experience to make it more interactive. What Brainshark Says: “We’re real excited,” says CMO Andy Zimmerman. “The fact that the Best of Elearning! award is voter-based is a real testament to the impact our product has had in the training/elearning world. This is our third year winning this award, so we’re also excited about our consistency among our customers. We definitely are proud of this award.” Adds vice president of marketing Joan Babinski: “Coming from our customers, it means a lot to know that they take the time and effort to say such nice things about us.” Key Customers: >> Franklin Templeton >> Staples >> Warner Bros. What Customers Say: >> “Excellent support coverage with live chat, telephone and online knowledge center” >> “Flawless Powerpoint integration” >> “Converts over 100 types of video, simple and fast integrated development tools” Company History: Brainshark was founded in 1999 by current CEO Joe Gustafson. The goal was to democratize the use of multimedia, making it possible for anyone — unencumbered by time, cost or technical barriers — produce powerful business communications. By making it easy to create an immersive, interactive communications experience including audio and visual components, Brainshark was dedicated to helping organizations improve the reach and results of their messages. From this vision, the Brainshark platform was born, enabling the average businessperson with only basic tools, like PowerPoint and the phone, to add their voice to static content and create high-impact video presentations. Before the ideas of user-generated content, software-as-a-service and online video became standard practice, Brainshark was already pioneering these concepts to enhance business communications. Between 1999 and 2005, Brainshark raised $23 million in venture capital; began turning a profit in 2006; and has continued to grow. Over the years, Brainshark has developed and launched a comprehensive product portfolio, including the flagship Brainshark Presentations solution and advanced enterprise applications such as Rapid Learning for learning management and Trusted Networks for channel communications. Brainshark also addresses the needs of individuals and small businesses with the myBrainshark free solution launched in 2009, and the myBrainshark Pro Seriesl aunched in 2010. Contact Information: BrainShark
2 University Office Park
51 Sawyer Rd.
Waltham, MA 02453
(781) 370-8000 or (866) 276-7427 Awards of Excellence: >> Sonic Foundry Category Winner (tie): TechSmith Camtasia More than a simple screen recorder, Camtasia gives you the tools you need to truly customize and edit your videos. Record on-screen activity, add imported media, create interactive content, and share high-quality, HD videos that your viewers can watch anytime, on nearly any device. Use Camtasia to… >> Record your screen to capture PowerPoint slides, software demos, Web pages, and more >> Edit screen recordings and camera video by cutting, splicing and combining clips with the powerful, easy-touse video editor >> Import camera video, music, photos, and more to truly enhance screen recordings >> Customize screen recordings and videos with ready-to-use media themes,animated backgrounds, graphics, call outs and more >> Create interactive videos with clickable links, table of contents, search and more >> Easily share videos that viewers can watch anywhere, on nearly any device The ability to easily manipulate, overlay and group objects helps you produce professional-looking videos, while encouraging you to use your creativity. Captivate viewers with animated content that helps guide them through your videos. Use animation to make a call out fly across your screen, an image bounce up and down, text scroll, and more. Camtasia Studio makes it easy to rotate, resize and tilt content. What Techsmith Says: “In short, it’s awesome to be recognized by e-learning professionals! These are the same people that have been sharing our core value proposition for years and years: video is the best way to communicate,” says Camtasia product manager Shane Lovellette. “Communicating through video makes presentations come alive. It’s how people prefer to learn, and it’s key to creating engaging content. It’s an honor to be recognized, particularly by this sector of e-learning professionals. They’ve been with us through all eight versions of Camtasia and know that we listen to our customers and focus on making their jobs easier by building a tool that keeps them on the fast track to great content.” Key Customers: >> American Cancer Society >> KETIV Technologies >> Tobii Technology AB What Customers Say: >> “Easy to use, fast, good quality” >> “Very innovative, and can do multiple types of content” >> “Easy editing, clean picture, excellent audio editing also available” Company History: TechSmith provides more than 50 countries with screen capture and recording software for individual and professional use. Founded in 1987 by William Hamilton, who remains the company’s president today, TechSmith has seven products that do anything, from taking screen captures to screen recording and managing consumer content. The flagshop product, SnagIt, was first released 20 years ago. In-house projects are now under way to continue expanding the company’s existing products to support the Mac platform. Contact Information: TechSmith
2405 Woodlake Drive
Okemos, MI 48864-5910
(800) 517-3001 or (517) 381-2300www.techsmith.com Awards of Excellence: >> Sonic Foundry Category Winner: Interactyx Topyx Topyx has a wide range of collaborative options all in one LMS platform. Built on traditional LMS features, it’s enhanced with modern social learning tools that maximize engagement and collaboration in an online learning environment that allows you to bring formal training programs and informal learning together. TOPYX provides comprehensive content management functionality. You can customize certification, learning trees, sessions, content, quizzes and assignments. It also allows you to pull data on user activity, site performance and other pertinent information. Reports can be emailed or exported in Excel or PDF format. Powerful reporting options are provided through Google Analytics. And an LMS platform can be configured to use collaboration tools like Web conferencing, chat, announcements, polls, articles, blogs and much more. Communities are built, managed and moderated any way you like. The power is in your hands to help an organic interaction flourish into a learner-driven knowledge network. Topyx is compliant and compatible with SCORM 2004. What Interactyx Says: “We are honored by all those that voted for Topyx. To be a winner for a fourth consecutive year of Elearning! Media Group’s admired annual award reflects our team’s commitment to creating one of the best social learning management platforms available,” says Alfred R. Novas, CEO/CFO of Interactyx Ltd. “Social learning continues to prove its effectiveness in leading organization throughout theworld. Topyx allows organizations of all sizes to easily and cost effectively brings a social learning management system into their enterprise. Thank you to Elearning! Media Group for sponsoring the Best of Elearning! awards series, to our clients and to our team.” Key Customers: >> Rotary International >> Kubota Tractor >> Morton Salt What Customers Say: >> “A great value at an affordable price, and the customer service can’t be beat” >> “Provides a total solution that’s easy to use and implement” >> “An engaging e-learning software solution that truly works” Company History: Interactyx is a Scottish company formed in 1995 that creates interactive learning solutions for higher education and training establishments worldwide. From its offices in Aberdeenshire London and San Francisco, Interactyx works with respected teachers, researchers and practitioners from some of Britain’s oldest universities and banking institutions. Interactyx is the publisher of LiveEcon, which is set to revolutionize the way economics is learned. LiveEcon allows students to learn economics in a highly interactive environment. As the company expanded to North America, the Interactyx portfolio diversified into e-learning solutions and learning management systems. guided by Novas, the company has offices in the U.S., U.K. and Canada that serves clients, affiliates and channel partners around the world. Current officers beyond Novas are VPs Jodi Harrison and Jeffrey A. Roth, and board chairman thomas G. Rennie. Contact Information: Interactyx
3461 Bonita Bay Blvd., Suite 207
Bonita Springs, FL 34134
http://interactyx.com Awards of Excellence: >> Cornerstone OnDemand Connect >> Microsoft Yammer Category Winner: Articulate Mobile Articulate Mobile Player is an app that provides a nice e-learning viewing experience on the iPad. Featuring an elegant, intuitive user interface, Articulate Mobile Player beautifully displays interactive e-learning content created in Articulate Storyline, the simple, powerful e-learning authoring software. The app will prove particularly helpful to government agencies and enterprises that are increasingly relying on e-learning to reduce costs and rapidly train new workers. Articulate Mobile Player puts e-learning content at the fingertips of these employees, wherever they are. Articulate built the mobile player because the company wanted learners to experience media-rich e-learning content on iPads in the most intuitive, satisfying way possible. Articulate Mobile Player includes fullscreen playback and gesture support, so learners simply tap, swipe and pinch to interact with multimedia content, including full-motion video and software simulations. Learners can download content for viewing when they’re not connected to the Internet, save content to Favorites with a single tap, and easily access content they’ve already viewed from their Library. Key Customers: >> Thomson Reuters >> WellStar Health System >> State of Minnesota What Customers Say: >> “Brings the power of Storyline to the mobile world with very few compromises” >> “Easy to use without complex parameters” >> “Game changer; love the mobility” Company History: Adam Schwartz, CEO, founded the company in 2002 with a vision to create innovative tools that would replace traditional e-learning technology. Under his direction, Articulate has grown from a ground-breaking idea into an award-winning company that has been recognized by Deloitte as one of the fastest-growing new technology companies in North America with more than 30,000 customers. Today, the executive team includes Schwartz, CTO Arlyn Asch, vp of Sales Mark Schwartz, vp of Brand Lucy Soros and vp of Community Tom Kuhlmann. Contact Information: Articulate
244 Fifth Ave., Suite 2960
New York, NY 10001
(800) 861-4880 or (646) 706-7596www.articulate.com Awards of Excellence: >> Brainshark Mobile >> NetDimensions mEKP Category Winner (tie): Adobe Connect Adobe Connect is a viable option for conducting Web meetings,implementing e-learning, and hosting Webinars. For high-impact Web seminars, the only things required of audience members are a Web browser and Adobe Flash Player software. Adobe Connect allows a maximum of 80,000 attendees, so you can generate more qualified leads at a lower cost. You also get expert assistance from Adobe Event Services, and you can extend audio capabilities within your Web seminars. With Connect, you can enable instant access and cross-firewall collaboration from virtually any mobile device or desktop. You can collaborate across firewalls on virtually any device, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry PlayBook, as well as across desktop platforms with no client downloads for participants. Adobe Connect features integrated audio and video conferencing, unlimited webcam streams at DVD quality, integration with video teleconferencing systems, and the ability to share rich media without requiring any codec or player downloads. Allen sure that you can meet face-to-face and deliver your ideas most effectively. With environments, content and URLs that persist after meetings end, you can manage them far more effectively. You can create your own customized URLs for your digital meetings and leverage templates to quickly create additional meeting rooms and use them for specific types of meetings. Finally, you can securely store all of your files, documents, layouts and notes in a persistent manner — where they will stay exactly as you last left them at the end of the day, ready for immediate reuse at any time. What Adobe Says: “Industry-level recognition of any kind is always appreciated, but when it comes from a respected organization like Elearning! and more specifically, its readership community, it’s very gratifying,” says Guillaume Privat, director of Adobe Connect’s Business Unit. “In the latest version of Adobe Connect, we devoted significant resources and focus to extending capabilities in terms of webinars and virtual classrooms with an aim to best serve our customers. And that focus remains; expect more and what we hope is even more useful as we move forward.” Key Customers: >> SAP >> U.S.Defense Information Services Agency >> eBay What Customers Say: >> “Has allowed me to enhance my customer base” >> “It opened up a pallet of opportunties to build Webinars on an as-needed basis” >> “Brings an immediacy and in-person feel to our meetings … what our
employees, prospects, and franchisees need to succeed” Company History: Chuck Geschke and John Warnock founded Adobe in 1982. The two men initially set out to solve a problem long familiar to creative professionals at the time: getting text and images on a computer screen to translate beautifully and accurately into print. A year later, they helped launch the desktop publishing revolution with Adobe PostScript. The release of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop forever changed the quality and complexity of images that could be created for print, and later for content created for video, film, the Web and other digital channels. The design industry was never the same. Adobe’s breakthrough Portable Document Format (PDF) technology enaabled businesses to deliver platform- and application- independent files across operating systems and devices. Most recently, Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Flex and the Flash Media Server made cost-effective, reliable development of engaging Websites a reality. Contact Information: Adobe, Inc.
345 Park Ave.
San Jose, CA 95110-2704
(408) 536-6000www.adobe.com Awards of Excellence: >> Blackboard Collaborate >> Citrix Online Category Winner (tie): Cisco WebEx Meeting Center Cisco WebEx Meeting Center offers a rich, real-time collaborative Web meeting experience with a powerful feature set. Tools and features include: >> File, application, and desktop sharing where you can easily collaborate on any project while sharing audio and video. >> Comprehensive multimedia experience, with which you can share video files in real time and incorporate multimedia in your presentations. >> Real-time video for up to seven participants with ActivePresence that lets you see multiple, simultaneous webcam video feeds with voice-activated switching. >> High-definition video, through which you can see crisp and clear video of the active speaker with up to 720p screen resolution >> Provide a call-in phone number, VoIP calling, or toll-free call-in number through integrated voice conferencing. >> Network-based recording allows you to record meetings, including session content and audio. >> Attend meetings on BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, and other wireless or 3G mobile phone and tablet devices. Works with Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris and UNIX. Initiate meetings instantly from Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, and a variety of instant-messaging solutions. Use single sign-on to access WebEx. Also integrate with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Cisco WebEx Node for ASR 1000 Series, and Cisco TelePresence. You also get secure access anywhere, anytime. Attend a meeting easily from anywhere worldwide — inside or outside the corporate firewall under a highly secure environment in the Cisco Collaboration Cloud. Key Customers: >> University of Notre Dame >> Kohn Pedeson Fox What Customers Say: >> “Nothing can beat it in terms of ease of use, flexibility, security or scalability” >> “Makes online sessions as efficient as in-person meetings” Company History: The concept of solutions being driven to address specific customer challenges has been with Cisco since its inception in 1984. Husband and wife Len Bosack and Sandy Lerner, both working for Stanford University, wanted to email each other from their respective offices located in different buildings but were unable to due to technological shortcomings. A technology had to be invented to deal with disparate local area protocols; and as a result of solving their challenge, the multi-protocol router was born, with the help of co founder
Richard Troiano. Cisco was one of the first to sell commercially successful routers supporting multiple network protocols. Between 1992 and 1994, Cisco also acquired several companies in Ethernet switching, most notably Kalpana, Grand Junction and Crescendo Communications which together formed the Catalyst business unit. Several acquired companies have grown into more than $1 billion business units for Cisco, including LAN switching, Enterprise Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) platform Webex, and home networking. In late March 2000, at the height of the dot-com boom, Cisco became the most valuable company in the world, with a market capitalization of more than $500 billion. Contact Information: Cisco Systems, Inc.
170 West Tasman Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134
(408) 526-4000www.cisco.com Awards of Excellence: >> Blackboard Collaborate >> Citrix Online Best Rapid Development Tool Articulate Studio Suite The Studio Suite is a combination of three popular Articulate tools: Engage, Presenter and Quizmaker. Engage is a quick and easy tool through which learners can explore the relationship between timeline events through text, images, and sound, and drill down into key elements of a diagram to better understand the main points. Presenter makes it easy for anyone to add interactivity and narration to PowerPoint slides by turning them into a compelling Flash course. Quizmaker has two intuitive development modes: (1) Form-based editing, with which you can build a professional quiz in minutes, as easy as filling out a form; (2) Free-form editing can help create your own vision with the freedom (but none of the hassles) of developing in Flash. —More info: www.articulate.com ReadyGo WCB The “WCB” stands for Web course builder. Its e-learning and m-learning software features an intuitive user interface, fast course generation, powerful template creation/usage and automatic generation of navigation elements including chapter and course indices. It also has a built in test engine, including 16 types of test questions, branching, feedback, SCORM, pooling, and progress control built in. Courses built with ReadyGo WCB work on computers, tablets and smartphones. No programming or technical skills are needed. —More info: www.readygo.com Best E-learning Development Tool Zenler Studio Pro Transform PowerPoint to powerful interactive e-Learning Courses Designer with Studio Pro. It is a powerful yet easy-to-use e-learning authoring system that offers a programming free environment for creating high-quality interactive e-learning. Created courses are ready to be published to any Learning Management System (LMS), including Zenler Online LMS. You can also design or edit your Zenler courses, even when you are offline and not connected to the internet. —More info: http://zenler.com Trivantis Lectora The two models of Lectora are “Inspire” and “Online.” With both, you can create captivating content with a complete package of e-learning tools. Inspire is bundled with Lectora authoring software, Flypaper Flash content creation software, Camtasia screen recording software and Snagit screen capture software. Meanwhile, with Lectora Online, you can remove geographic and time limitations by accessing course content from anywhere at anytime with an Internet connection through common browsers including IE, Safari and Mozilla Firefox — on Macintosh or Windows. —More info: http://lectora.com Adobe eLearning Suite Adobe eLearning Suite 6.1 software is an integrated toolbox for creating e-learning and HTML5-based m-learning content. Get the best tools for application simulation, product demos, digital imaging, rich animations, and audio production. Accelerate development with rapid prototyping, round tripping workflows, and out-of-the-box assets like actors and smart interactions. Publish to SCORM- and AICC-compliant LMSs and easily track SWF, PDF, and HTML5 content. The full suite includes Captivate, Flash Professional, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro, Presenter, Audition and Bridge. —More info: www.adobe.com/products/elearnngsuite.html Best Simulation Tool Adobe Captivate Adobe Captivate 6 software helps you rapidly author a wide range of interactive e-learning and HTML5-based m-learning content. Easily create product demos in HD, application simulations, and soft skills and compliance training. Import Microsoft PowerPoint slides and enrich with multimedia, interactive elements and quizzes. Deliver content to virtually any device, including iPads. After creation, you can send scoring data to leading SCORM- and AICC-compliant LMSs and track learner progress. —More info: www.adobe.com/products/captivate.html Articulate Storyline Easy authoring is yours with Storyline. It’s intuitive and easy to use, so you can get started right away; there’s no training required. If you’ve used PowerPoint, you’ll feel right at home. Build your slides from scratch or start from a template. You can even use templates with interactivity common to e-learning courses already built in. Easily customize a template to make it completely yours. And it’s easy to add up to 47,500 combinations of illustrated and photographic characters, expressions and poses that are included in the software. —More info: www.articulate.com/products/storyline/overview.php Best Video Capture,Production, Publishing Solution Sonic Foundry The Mediasite EX webcasting and video content management system automatically processes not only the video but its associated metadata through powerful search and analytics, thereby making the rich video as useful as text. Mediasite users can also record and upload rich media presentations, learning objects or training modules from the convenience of their desktop or laptop and automatically publish them to the powerful Mediasite EX platform. Enhanced Web-based tools and collaboration workflows provide a layer ofcontrol for enterprise clients with multiple content producers and knowledge-creation environments, allowing the growth, management and scalability of online knowledge libraries. —More info: www.sonicfoundry.com Best Assessment Tool Articulate QuizmakerQuizmaker ‘09 offers question types that go beyond the basics. Of course, you’ll have professionally designed multiple choice, true/false and Likert questions. But you’ll also be able to construct dragand- drop questions, hot spots, and more (20 different quiz types in all). Your quizzes will be in Flash format, which means they’ll be accessible to just about anyone anywhere. Your quiz takers will enjoy a rich, interactive experience while you enjoy freedom from technical hassles. And you’ll get quiz results through email, your LMS or Articulate Online. —More info: www.articulate.com/products/quizmaker.php ReadyGo WCB Please see entry above, under “Best Rapid Development Tool.” Best Social Learning Solution
Cornerstone OnDemand Connect Cornerstone Connect enables effective employee collaboration, improves employee performance, and drives innovation from customer and partner communities. By encouraging creation of new content and ideas and making it easy to join communities of practice, Cornerstone Connect fosters social (informal) learning, organizational memory, professional networking, and better communication across your employee base and the extended enterprise. —More info: www.cornerstoneondemand.com Microsoft Yammer Yammer brings the power of social networking to the business world. It’s as easy to use as great consumer software like Facebook and Twitter, but is designed for company collaboration, file sharing, knowledge exchange and team efficiency. Access Yammer from anywhere with an Internet connection. Stay connected from your Web browser, mobile device or tablet. You can also view and interact with Yammer content within other business applications (such as Sharepoint) using API integrations. Create, discuss and share content with coworkers without sending a single email. Store large files, post documents to team workspaces and collaboratively edit pages in real time. —More info: https://www.yammer.com/product Best Mobile
Adobe Captivate Please see entry above, under “Best Simulation Tool.” ReadyGo WCB Please see entry above, under “Best Rapid Development Tool.” Best Presentation Tool Adobe Presenter With Presenter, you can minimize the time, effort and cost associated with producing videos by doing it yourself right at your desktop, without specialized equipment or training. The software helps you communicate more effectively with engaging videos and interactive presentations created in Microsoft PowerPoint. Add quizzes; deliver to the Web, video sharing sites, desktops and mobile devices; and track using integration with LMSs. Out-of-the-box assets
such as actors and learning interactions are available to convert slides into interactive training content. —More info: www.adobe.com/products/presenter.html Brainshark Slideshark SlideShark is a leading app for viewing and sharing PowerPoint presentations on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch the way they were meant to be seen: with animations, fonts, colors and graphics intact. From their mobile device or computer, SlideShark users simply upload Power-Point files to their secure online accounts, where the slides are automatically converted to a mobile-optimized format. Then they simply use the SlideShark app to download and view or show the converted presentations on their mobile device. Users can also share online versions of their slides for audiences to view on-demand, anytime from any device, while users can track the viewing results. —More info: www.slideshark.com Prezi Prezi is a virtual whiteboard that transforms presentations from monologs into conversations: enabling people to see, understand and remember ideas. Prezi allows you to communicate design ideas with clients in a highly engaging and dynamic way, liberating interesting conversations from the boredom of one-way presentations. Use Prezi’s open canvas to construct a story arc, where visual context leads the viewer on a path of discovery. Its 3-dimensional canvas is a virtual space where you can delve deeper and pan wider to broaden the conversation. —More info: http://prezi.com Best Web Seminar Solution Blackboard Collaborate Offer a more collaborative, interactive and mobile learning experience that constantly evolves, and you’ll keep everyone engaged like never before. That’s what the Blackboard Collaborate platform is all about. Helping you create virtual classrooms, offices and meeting spaces that open more possibilities to more people, wherever they are. Combining the capabilities of industry leaders Wimba and Elluminate, Blackboard Collaborate provides a comprehensive learning platform. It is helping thousands of higher education, K-12, professional, corporate and government organizations worldwide deliver a more effective learning experience through online, blended and mobile learning. —More info: www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Collaborate/Overview.aspx Citrix Online With Citrix Online’s GoToWebinar, you can conduct do-it-yourself webinars with up to 1,000 people — all for one flat rate. Reduce travel while reaching larger audiences around the world. The system enables you to set up a webinar in minutes — without IT support. In addition, you can generate more qualified marketing leads and present to hundreds of people from your Mac or PC. Features include fullservice registration, customized branding, pre-Webinar practice sessions and tollbased phone and VoIP audio conferencing. An additional integrated toll-free service is also available from Citrix Online Audio (via computer and telephone). —More info: www.citrixonline.com Best Virtual Classroom Blackboard Collaborate Please see entry above, under “Best Presentation Tool.” Cisco WebEx Training Center Collaborate from wherever you are with WebEx mobile apps for IPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry. Use WebEx specialized products to: (1) Present dynamic online events and webinars; (2) Deliver online training and eLearning experiences; (3) Provide outstanding remote technical support; (4) Build stronger relationships with in-person telepresence experiences delivered over the cloud; and (5) Share knowledge, experience and ideas across your organization. WebEx products are delivered through the scalable Cisco WebEx Cloud, where you get high levels of performance and security. —More info: www.webex.com Citrix GotoTraining Citrix GoToTraining online training software enables individuals and enterprises to provide interactive training sessions to customers and employees in any location. Reduce travel and reach more trainees by moving your training program online, or by integrating online training with your live training program. GoToTraining makes it simple to set up course catalogs, to invite and register trainees, and to offer tests and other training materials. To engage trainees you can share your desktop, change presenters, transfer control, chat, draw and highlight on screen, and more. —More info: www.citrix.com/products/gototraining/overview.html Best Mobile Application Brainshark Mobile With Brainshark, you can create and share your video presentations knowing that your audiences can not only view your presentations on a computer, but also on mobile devices. Your message is received whenever and wherever it is most convenient. Brainshark Mobile — included with all Brainshark solutions — and the free Brainshark App for iPad/iPhone and Android devices provide this flexibility. Trainers deliver bitesized e-learning and internal communications to quickly update and inform employees at their convenience, whether they’re working remotely or are just away from the office. —More info: www.brainshark.com/what-isbrainshark/brainshark-mobile NetDimensions mEKP NetDimensions mEKP (Mobile Enterprise Knowledge Platform) is an end-user version of NetDimensions’ powerful and robust LMS that runs independently from a USB flash drive (or from any user device that runs Java). mEKP is platform-neutral with no installation or Internet connection required. NetDimensions says that mEKP is much more powerful than offline players, a portable personal learning environment that enables users to access course catalogs, run courses, download reference materials and take exams, as well as track and review training history information from any device with a USB port at their convenience anywhere, anytime. —More info: www.netdimensions.com/solutions/mobile-learning.php