According to the Institute for the Future and University of Phoenix Research, “sense-making” will be the top skill needed for entrepreneurs and corporate employees to thrive in the workplace in 2020.
The top skills cited:
1) Sense-making (Determining the deeper meaning or significance of what’s being expressed)
2) Social intelligence (Connecting to others and sensing and stimulating reactions)
3) Novel and adaptive thinking (Thinking and coming up with creative solutions)
4) Cross-country competency (Operating in different cultural settings)
5) Computational thinking (Translating vast amounts of data into abstract concepts and understanding data-based reasoning)
The next five are: new media literacy, transdisciplinarity, design mindset, cognitive load management, and virtual collaboration.